How much can plastic surgery cost?
If you have been thinking about getting a cosmetic procedure, you may have noticed that you will not find a price list on the surgeon’s website. The reason for this is that the overall cost of the procedure will come down to your location, the complexity of your procedure and the experience of the doctor. In addition, the cost the procedure would attract will substantially depends on an individual’s specific needs and the results that they desire. This is why it is recommended to book an appointment for a consultation with your physician and figure this all out.
The average cost
However, let us give you a few ideas of what the average cost of the some of the most popular procedure may set you back. Of course if you are looking for breast implants in Washington DC be prepared to pay far above the average. The list below is from RealSelf.com.
- For a breast implants/augmentation, it is around $6,500
- A facelift to reduce those sun induced wrinkles, will cost $11,000
- A tummy tuck after that forth child – $7,800
- A breast lift to return them to firm and perky – $8,000
- A neck lift, the first to go – $7,275
- Breast reduction, when you feel the size is not comfortable – $5,525
- Lip implants for a fuller look – $2,500
- Liposuction to shed the excess weight your diet could not – $5,900
What exactly are you paying for?
As you work through the list above you must be wondering what exactly all the money is going towards. The final cost of whichever procedure you hope to get has been composed of various expenses. This includes the surgeon’s fee, high material expenditures as in the case of a breast implants and anesthesia costs. Other add-ons will include any medications needed during and after the procedure and, of course, follow up appointments.
You Get What You Pay For
The process of getting plastic surgery is an immense life-altering event. The cost of the procedure might be a huge factor when deciding on the type and technique that works best for you. This is a very stressful decision for many people because they will have to live with the outcome of the surgery which will be satisfactory or not. Your priority before determining if this is affordable is finding the best physician for your particular needs. Let’s look at some important factors to consider.
- It is best to choose a surgeon that has several years of experience in the field and has supporting documents of previous surgeries they have performed.
- It is also important to look for a surgeon that you feel very comfortable with and agree with the methods and steps they will take in performing your life changing surgical procedure.
- You also need to seek out second opinions and check reviews and references
- Additionally, ensure the physician understands your goals and agrees that they are realistic to achieve.